mine and Jon’s rock band characters!!
pencil, ballpoint pen
Posts tagged 2011.
mine and Jon’s rock band characters!!
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by my table and bought something or commissioned me!! This has definitely been my best convention to date. Everyone was SO nice to me, I can’t believe it! I will definitely be coming back to Afest next year and doing the same.
Huge Afest spam/pics/etc under the cut!
Now I have to get back to the real world, ie work and school and bills. :(
Is post-con depression sinking in for anyone else? Or is it just me?
GUYS IT’S HERE!!!!
Come see me and my table buddy Matt BEING AWESOME AND COME GET SOME AWESOME STUFF.
We’re in the Upper Level, Reunion Tower & Landmark Circle, table 40!!!!
Come see us!
This is so fun!! Taken from one of my friends on facebook. These are the results of my album covers.
Make your own album cover:
1. Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first random article you get is the name of your band.
2. Go to quotationspage.com and hit random. The last 4 or 5 words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your album.
3. Go to flickr.com and click on Explore > Explore last seven days. Third picture no matter what will be your album cover.
4. Use Photoshop or something like Picnik.com to put it all together & put your graphic design skills to work!
Show me your album covers!!
Some Instagram photos! I’ve been meaning to do a post like this but just haven’t gotten around to it yet. So here you go!
Taken anywhere from about late November 2010 - present.
algerian-gal asked: Hi ^ ^
what kind of pencils do you use in your drawings ?
Sorry this took me so long to answer!! When I saw it, I knew I wanted to take a pic, but I just now got around to it. Haha.
Alright! Here’s what I use, in a nutshell. (minus a couple of odd and end pencils and pens)
From left to right;
1. Crayola erasable colored pencils. I normally use blue or purple, something that is easy to see. You don’t have to draw hard with these to get the pencil to show up, and it makes for very easy and clean erasing. (used for sketching, gesture, base lines etc)
2. Faber-Castell sketching pencil in 2H. Just like the colored pencil, the graphite very light and easy to erase. I normally don’t use any pencil softer than HB; I hate smearing my sketches and it just makes me self conscious about it haha. Let me just say, that Faber-Castell is my favorite type of pencils, EVER. ♥♥ I have them from 2H-4B. Love it.
3. Pentel GraphGear 500 mechanical pencil, lead size 0.9. This is what I use to go over rough sketches, if I want a softer look or sometimes I use it to sketch (however not very often). I like the thickness of the lead and the kind of lines it makes, as well as the sturdiness of the pencil. :3 (pictured above is just a soft white eraser, that I found at the supply store at my college. I recommend these types of erasers because they’re very durable, soft, and don’t leave too much of an eraser mess behind, plus they are very kind to your paper!)
4. Erm, yes. That is a watermelon scented black ballpoint pen. I found it at the Hastings I work at. I like ballpoint pens, I tend to ink my sketches with these rather than my Microns, Because they get the same kind of soft effect that pencils do (except you’re obviously inking haha). LOVE IT LOVE IT. Except I have to be careful with erasing, because they sometimes tend to smear. :(
5. Sakura Micron pens, size 005-08, and my (freshly dead) Faber-Castell Pitt artist pen in size F. SIGH I can’t stress enough how much I love Faber-Castell products!! I used it until it died, obviously. haha. But I have a full set of Sakura Microns (that include different kinds of tips as well, like brush and graphic pens for inking) that I use occasionally for a very clean crisp lineart.
*thumbs up*!! I hope this was helpful!!
Hey guys! Alright, so last night I signed up for a fancy debit/credit card reader for my iPhone. So that means, if you’re going to be purchasing things from my table you can use your card as a form of payment! I also can accept that as a form of payment for commissions at the con as well.
I’m really excited about this!