gettin stuff done aw yeah!
I finally have all the TX tax sales bits squared away (it’s weird filing taxes for $0) and I’m on the waiting list for several cons so far. my convention schedule looks like this right now:
- arkansas anime fest spring ‘13 - attending as an artist
- tokyo in tulsa - attending as an artist
- animefest - attending as an artist
- arkansas anime fest fall ‘13 - attending (not sure on artist status yet)
do any of you have any recommendations for conventions to attend? I’d really like to get a head start on planning things out since I have another trip to chicago this year during spring break as well!
I also graduate this year, so that leaves the second half of the year totally open to anything. konsplosion is still up in the air, and I don’t know if I’ll get to attend akon since it’s so close to graduation!
John art trade I did with Travis at the con!!! Thanks for staying up with us and watching SAILCAT. and also thanks for the awesome Vriska drawing!!
AHHH. I am finally back from A2F and LET ME TELL YOU. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PLEASED WITH A CONVENTION IN MY LIFE. Not because of the convention, but because of the overwhelming success of mine and Amanda's Can Town event and prize drawing we held on Saturday! I cannot even begin to tell each and every one of you how thankful I am to be in such an amazing fandom, each one of you were such sweeties and we will definitely do this again!! You guys all made this such an amazing experience UGH I JUST CANNOT EVEN.
For any of you who may have met and
want the stalking to continue are curious of everyone’s tumblrs, I’ve compiled a list below, so check it out!!
Also a few who didn’t provide a tumblr/may not have one; I don’t want to leave anyone out!!!
Thank you so, so much. If you have any pictures that you may have taken please feel free to share!!!!! I’d love to see some more coverage of the event!!
PS — this little snippet is from Amanda’s tumblr and I COULD NOT AGREE MORE.
"Super special thanks to Ethan, who provides the best anime dubs ever in the history of man; Alec and Mary, who donated more than ANYONE ELSE; Taylor and Leigh, who are basically the cutest, funniest Karkat and Aradia ever; and Travis and Nathan (who is not a douchebag), who stayed up with us until 4AM watching stupid Youtube videos of sailing cats. You guys are all brilliant and I’m so glad to have met each of you."
I finally have a chance to announce to you all what Amanda and I have planned for this weekend! I’m so sorry it’s taken me so long to get around to…this……most of you may have seen it on her blog, so I’m going to repost the information here in case you haven’t seen it yet!
We are hosting a Can Town Food Drive during this fall’s Arkansas Anime Fest. If you’re unsure what a Can Town is or is about, please see this blog for explanation and details. We’re a bunch of Homestucks getting together to donate nonperishable food items to the Arkansas Food Bank! Here is a list of their most needed items. Details for the event this weekend are as follows:
- TIME: Saturday, November 17 at 4:13PM
- WHERE: The fountain near the Artist Alley/hotel atrium.
- WHO TO LOOK FOR: I will be cosplaying Vriska and succuboso (Amanda) will be cosplaying Aradia! We will also have an awesome John, and Warhammer of Zillyhoo.
Details including the contest and prizes from Amanda’s blog:
- Everyone who donates will get a Can Town themed pack of stickers which includes The Mayor, a can of Tab, and some Barbasol for your sticker shaving needs. And some Gushers! I mean, no Homestuck meet is complete without Gushers.
- Everyone who donates will have their name entered into a couple of awesome giveaways (which I’ll get to in a sec)!
- For every item you donate, your name will be entered once into the giveaway. However, we’re setting a strict cut-off at 5 name entries! You’re more than welcome to bring more items than that but please be aware that your name will only be entered 5 times to prevent the giveaway from being really unfair. So, for example, someone who brings 2 items will have their name entered 2 times. Someone who brings 10 items will have their name entered 5 times.
- There will be two name drawings!! One for the Got Tiger giveaway and one for the God Tier Giveaway!
I am really hoping this will be a success!!! We worked really hard to make this rewarding for everyone involved. I hope all of you have a blast!!! If anyone has any questions or comments or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to ask Amanda or ask me. I’m so excited!
See you in Can Town!!!
I wanted to share some of the fucking awesome stuff I got at A2F! I had such a fantastic time. Everyone I met was really nice and there were several people who made the three hour drive there and back totally worth while. (I’m looking at you, Erin, Brianna, Ethan, Matt, and Jon! Wish I could have hung out with all of you even more!)
1. An amazing Marceline poster from Erin! It was her last one so I hardcore lucked out.
2. An Adventure Time print from Matt, who was sitting next to Erin’s table in the Artist Alley. He somehow put up with me crowding up the side of his table to cut out Erin’s stickers. I wish I had a link to his art but I totally forgot to grab a business card. :<
3. A Marshall Lee that Erin drew for me! She started it like… six times. I should have scanned the back of the drawing too. It has one of the scrapped drawings of him on it but I figured I would save her the embarrassment because it’s pretty lulzy. :B
4. An adorable sketch of Dirk and Jake from Stefhanai! She was a resilient alien sea princess because that girl was cosplaying with a fever.
5. An Equius that Matt drew for me! It was pretty hilarious since I don’t think he knows shit about Homestuck. Not as hilarious as him being asked to draw a pimp plush rump though.
6. A 5 minute Gamzee that Erin doodled for me in the wee hours of the morning after much Faygo and Gushers had been had. I still have more art from Erin coming and I can’t waaaaaaaait a;sldjflajdf.
THE BACK OF THAT MARSHALL LEE CARD IS HORRIBLE LOL
This pretty much sums up the convention.
More detailed con report later :D
My super awesome new-found friend Amanda and I are hosting a Homestuck meetup/cosplay photoshoot/draw party at this weekend’s Arkansas Anime Festival in Springdale, AR!
If you enjoy Homestuck/kind of like it/kind of not sure what’s going on but love the thing anyway, you should definitely stop by!!
There will be plenty of
bOtTlEs oF mIrAcLeS :o) Faygo and Gushers for everyone, and also some super sweet handmade HS swag that Amanda and I made only for this get-together!
* DETAILS! *
- Where: It will start outside the entrance to the Holiday Inn lobby, and might move elsewhere so to be more photogenic!
- When: Saturday, March 17th at 1pm - 2pm
Late-Night Homestuck Draw Party:
- Where: The Holiday Inn lobby.
- When: It will start Saturday at 11pm, and has no set ending time!
- What should I bring? (From the forums) A drawing party for Homestucks of all kinds! There’s absolutely no need to have any artistic talent to come. If you’re more of a fic writer, just write a short drabble in someone’s sketchbook! If you’re no good at art OR writing, and just wanna hang out, you’re more than welcome! If you can, please bring your own pencils and sketchbooks. If anyone wants to make something to hand out, that’s more than encouraged!
We’re just looking to get together with other Homestuckers, swap art and sketches, and chillax and as Gamzee would say, “Kick the wicked elixir.”
- Please be courteous of other people attending the con and/or the party! There will be enough swag to go around!
I’m so so excited for this, and I really hope to see you there!!
- A2F Forums
- Homestuck Meetup Thread
THANK YOUUU ; _____;!! ♥
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by my table and bought something or commissioned me!! This has definitely been my best convention to date. Everyone was SO nice to me, I can’t believe it! I will definitely be coming back to Afest next year and doing the same.
Huge Afest spam/pics/etc under the cut!